- Check that the battery box is intact and the markings are correct
- Place and store the battery box protected from weather under a canopy, or keep a lid on it
- Only put lead-acid batteries used in vehicles or industry in the battery box. Lead-acid batteries can be identified by the ‘Pb’ marking and their heaviness
- Stack the batteries in the box evenly and upright
- Do not overfill the box
- Take care that no other batteries or accumulators than lead-acid ones are placed into the box. Nickel-cadmium batteries are marked with ‘NiCd’ and lithium batteries are marked with ‘Li’.
- Take care that ice, water or litter cannot get into the box