Tasks of Akkukierrätys Pb Oy:
- The required collection network for batteries (400 collection points) and recycling of batteries is organised via the contract partners in Finland and abroad
- The producer organisation coordinates and maintains a national battery collection network on the www.kierratys.info service
- Information about imported, collected and recycled batteries is collected and the statistics compiled based on this information are submitted to the supervisory authority, the Pirkanmaa ELY Centre. The ELY Centre compiles national statistics on batteries and accumulators for the Commission
- The producer organisation is responsible for the communications intended for end users.
- The producer organisation actively monitors changes to the legislation and collaborates closely with other producer organisations via the TYNK dvisory board
- Any company importing lead-acid batteries for vehicles or industry may join the producer organisation. The producer responsibility is transferred to Akkukierrätys Pb Oy via a member contract. The producer organisation maintains an up-to-date list of its members